Tuesday, September 15, 2009

From prizewinner to Worst Mum Ever

Each year my Mother In Law enters a local country show, and because she's so clever and amazingly talented she usually wins. She's won prizes for lemon butter, flower arrangements and all kinds of crafts.

The last few years she has asked me if I wanted to enter something and I've always been too disorganised, but this year I thought things could be different. This year I had something gorgeous, something spectacular that I finished a couple of months back that would be perfect. My good friend got married and I made her wedding jewellery - a necklace and a pair of earrings.


It was also my plan to travel with my Mother In Law to the show on the day of the judging for some quality time together, but unfortunately the day turned out to be one of those days when you end up with (and this is no joke) five things on and no way to get to them all without a time machine. So a prior engagement meant that I couldn't be there in person, but I still managed to get the jewellery back from my friend and pass it on to my Mother In Law so she could put it in the show.

I found out today that I actually landed second prize, and I was pretty pleased with that. But sadly the good feeling was soon gone. Mars and I drove each other crazy most of the afternoon and into the evening. We both shouted and were both miserable and we both feel like I'm the Worst Mum Ever.

I guess it's true. Some days you're the Bantha, and some days you're the Bantha fodder. Feels like today I've been both.

No comments:

Post a Comment