Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Masterchef

Over two days last week I made biscuits, scones, a pasta salad, bread (in the breadmaker), a birthday cake, mini ham and cheese quiches (pictured), and tiny mince tarts as well as a roast for dinner.

Had they all been successful I'd have been feeling pretty good about my skills in the kitchen. After all, it's an impressive list. The biscuits, salad and roast were all perfect.

What I won't tell you is that I burnt the scones, the bread somehow didn't bake so after three and a half hours I had a tin of mush, the birthday cake rose funny and looked funny (but tasted fine, thankfullly), one third of the mini quiches ended up on the floor before they made it to the oven (think ham, cheese and egg all over the floorboards), and I used the wrong pastry for the mince tarts so they puffed up and fruit mince went all over the muffin tray I was using.

Oh, and there was also a very special exploding gravy to go with the roast we had on Friday night.

Don't ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment