Friday, June 11, 2010

Chinese whispers over dinner

As you would expect the children don't like all the foods I like, and I try to avoid some of the foods they like. Mars is never happier than when you place in front of him a plate of vegies, chicken nuggets and chips. He doesn't care that I cook them in the health grill instead of deep frying them. He just knows what he likes.

The other night we had to have dinner in a hurry. Supernerd was out at a sporting event with a mate, so I grabbed nuggets and chips out of the freezer for the children and I had a bowl of wonton soup with noodles.

Now Venus has seen me eating wonton soup before and she seems fascinated by it. She doesn't want to try it, she just wants to look at it.

So when I sat down to eat with the children Venus looked over and said "Mummy, are you having wonton soup?"

"Yes" I replied.

Mars misheard what was going on from the other side of the table.

"Tonton soup?" Mars asked.

"Yes" I replied. "I'm having tonton soup with oobles."

"Tonton soup with oobles!" Venus squeals, laughing. "Silly Mummy!"

Just wait until they're old enough to watch The Empire Strikes Back. Then they'll get to see what tonton soup with oobles really looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment