Saturday, July 3, 2010

Doctor Venus

We are playing Doctor and patient. I am the patient and Venus is the doctor. Occasionally she finds something she doesn't know the name of in her doctor's bag, so she'll ask me what it's called and what it's for. Our stethoscope is broken, which she finds most inconvenient.

She has put bandaids on my legs, given me medicine in my mouth and in my arm, looked inside my ears and has even waved a blood pressure cuff in my direction.

She has checked behind my neck and she says she saw something, but she won't tell me what. She is taking copious notes and muttering to herself.

And her conclusion?

"It's a bit of a virus."

"Really? Venus, what is a virus?"

"I don't know, but that's definitely what it is."

The irony is, I really am sick and I really do have a virus. I wonder how she knew.


No comments:

Post a Comment