Sunday, July 4, 2010

The installation

For a couple of hours yesterday afternoon Mars and Venus worked together on a project. A big project. An installation of such size and location that it almost completely blocks egress from the front door to most of the house.

It happened in just the same way as I remember from when I was a kid. It started out as a small idea, and then it got bigger and bigger. They'd do some work on it and call us in to look at their progress. Then we'd go back to what we were doing and after twenty minutes or so they'd call us back in to show us something new they'd added.

Eventually they came into the kitchen and announced that they'd finished, and then asked me to come and take a look.

I came around the corner to see this.
Venus sits in the front on the pink chair with Mars behind her on the blue chair, both of which are tipped over to make them into bucket style seats. The boxes on each side hold toys, and you can see they've incorporated their water bottles into the design, to stave off thirst. When I asked about several other features I was told they are "for decoration".

So finally I asked what it was.

Venus replied "It's a boost off."

I asked "What for?"

Venus replied "A jump circuit."

So there you have it. If you ever wondered what a boost off for a jump circuit looks like, now you know.

What I want to know is, when the time comes, how am I going to get them to dismantle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment