Monday, November 26, 2012

The Star Wars Party

I promised my son a Star Wars party and I promised you a cardboard box creation. 

This time the boxes all came from Auntie Leanne, who moved house recently and brought home boxes from her workplace. This worked out really well for me, as I then had three boxes the same size and I used another single box which was kind of short and stocky.

The great thing about three boxes the same size is that you can stack them to make something tall. See if you can guess what they turned into.








To give credit where credit is due, I need to tell you that my inspiration came from these pictures.

These are templates for small paper toys. You cut them out, fold along the folds apply glue to the tabs and then you have little droids. They come from this great blog and there are lots to choose from. All I've done is adapt the pictures for my purpose.

I turned my boxes inside out, stacked the three matching boxes and stuck them together, shaped the top front flaps and painted them. Then I drew and painted the illustrations on the front and sides of the boxes. The whole thing was done in about seven hours.

The children were very impressed. Mars wanted to be Yoda and Venus was Ahsoka, a Jedi padawan who is a character from The Clone Wars series.


The droids were so popular that the children lined up to have photographs with them!



We also hosted the world's cutest Darth Vadar. That's Bumblebee, who is two and a bit now.




And this is Wicket, my new nephew. At twelve weeks old he is the most adorable Ewok ever seen.


 There's just no denying it. We are a Star Wars family, through and through.




No comments:

Post a Comment