Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Trying on a hat

The kids have been doing a lot of car dancing lately. I showed them how to do the shopping trolley, which didn't take them long to master, and then they were asking what comes next. So I started making up silly names for different dance moves to teach them. Mars in particular doesn't seem content to do any one move for more than a few seconds, so we've developed quite a list.

Today we were coming home from the shops when I hear Mars say "Mum, what comes after the shopping trolley again?", so we went through 'raise the roof', 'push out the walls', 'dry the dishes', 'point to the bee', 'dig a hole' and we got to 'try on a hat'.

Venus was awfully quiet through this whole routine - she is normally joining in and telling Mars what to do next. So I glanced back over my shoulder to see her sitting with her arms folded and a grumpy expression on her face.

I said "You're not dancing?"

In a grumpy, almost dangerous tone she announced "I'm already wearing a hat".

Two streets later she was pushing the shopping trolley and smiling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment